Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) Training Schedule:
For full course description and registration, make a selection below.
Nov 12-16, 2019 – Minneapolis, MN: More info & registration
Get advanced building science training and become a PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT). Learn about the most advanced construction standard in the world, how to implement passive principles in your projects, and everything necessary to become a Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) through the International Passivhaus Institute (PHI). Open to all tradespeople and project team members with working knowledge of construction.
Contact [email protected] for any and all inquires.
Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) Training
What is a CPHT?
CPHT = Certified Passive House Tradesperson. The CPHT training ensures participants are equipped with the necessary framework and interdisciplinary skills to effectively convey the international Passive House (PH) standard. After passing the exam, CPHTs are given membership and are listed in the database on the International Passive House Institute (PHI) website for 5 years.
A 4 day course that teaches practical Passive House building strategies with theory – with a combination of in-class exercises and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House details relevant to the US construction industry. Topics include:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation and thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and doors
- Ventilation and heating and cooling systems
- Building envelope specialization
Who is this for? This course is for all building professionals: tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building – as well as architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers.
- Unit 1: Passive House Basics
- Unit 2: Passive House Economics in North America
- Unit 3: Thermal Insulation
- Unit 4: Thermal Bridges
- Unit 5: Windows + Transparent Components
- Unit 6: Existing Buildings
- Unit 7: Air Tightness and Moisture Management
- Unit 8: Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery
- Unit 9: Efficient Heating, Cooling and Domestic Hot Water
- Unit 10: Quality Assurance
The exam is a multiple choice, structured in three parts:
• Passive House Basics – 45 minutes
• Building Envelope – 45 minutes
• Building Services – 45 minutes
The first section, Passive House Basics, is required. Each participant may choose to take the exam specifically for Envelope, Services, or both.
NAPHN currently offers the CPHT training in collaboration with Emu Systems.
Thank you to our Partners:
Additional Upcoming Tradesperson Course Dates in the U.S.
Learn about the most advanced construction standard in the world, how to implement passive principles in your projects, and everything necessary to become a PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT).
For the most up to date schedules, please refer directly to the company websites listed below. Generally speaking, PHI sets Tradesperson exams in Feb, May, and Nov, of each year, and these are the months when it is most likely a training will be available.
Emu Systems Passive Pod Workshop & CPHT Course/Exam:
For most up-to-date information, please check here: www.emu.systems/buildpassive
- Nov 12-16, 2019, in Arvada (Denver), Colorado
- Feb 2020 (exact dates TBD), in Arvada (Denver), Colorado
- May 2020 (exact dates TBD), in Arvada (Denver), Colorado