The aim of further training for the ”Certified Passive House Tradesperson” certificate is to convey an overall impression of the interdisciplinary Passive House concept to tradespeople involved in construction within the appropriate time.
Contact email@example.com for any inquires.
Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT):
A 4 day course that teaches practical Passive House building strategies with theory – with a combination of in-class exercises and hands-on workshop experience, incorporating actual building of Passive House details relevant to the US construction industry. Topics include:
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation and thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and doors
- Ventilation and heating and cooling systems
- Building envelope specialization
This course is for all building professionals: tradespeople, site supervisors and general contractors who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building – as well as architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers.
NAPHN does not provide this course currently. Current course providers include:
For full description and registration select a course.
Upcoming Tradesperson Course Dates in the U.S.
Learn about the most advanced construction standard in the world, how to implement passive principles in your projects, and everything necessary to become a PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT).
For the most up to date schedules, please refer directly to the company websites listed below. Generally speaking, PHI sets Tradesperson exams in Feb, May, and Nov, of each year, and these are the months when it is most likely a training will be available.
Emu Systems Passive Pod Workshop & CPHT Course/Exam:
For most up-to-date information, please check here: www.emu.systems/buildpassive
- May 20-24, 2019, in Arvada (Denver), Colorado: More info & registration
- Nov 12-16, 2019, in Arvada (Denver), Colorado
- Feb 2020 (exact dates TBD), in Arvada (Denver), Colorado
- May 2020 (exact dates TBD), in Arvada (Denver), Colorado
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquires.