Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant (CPHD/C) Training Schedule
For full course description and registration, see below.
Due to COVID-19 NAPHN’s in-person trainings have been shifted online. We will be assessing the guidelines for the rest of the year. Please check back for our 2021 Training Schedule.
SIGN UP TODAY!
Sept 14-18, 2020 – ONLINE
Nov 16-20, 2020 – Location TBD: NYC or ONLINE
NAPHN’s Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant course is the premier training program for Passive House building professionals. Supported by a 25+ year history of global technical leadership by the Passive House Institute, and over 7 years of successful American instruction, from Maine to California, by the Passive House Academy – this course is specifically designed to teach the international Passive House Standard (PHI) to American professionals making Passive House buildings in the U.S. construction industry.
NAPHN’s Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant course is the premier training program for Passive House building professionals.
- 5 days of in-class instruction
- 7 additional e-learning modules
- Thorough grounding of critical aspects of Passive House design and construction
- Receive a 5-year registration as an internationally accredited Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant after passing exam
- For all building professionals: architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers and more
- Day 1: Introduction to Passive House principles and economics, with an in-depth look at enclosure insulation & thermal bridging: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 2: Enclosure airtightness and windows: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 3: Ventilation, heating, cooling, dehumidification and domestic hot water: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 4: PHPP energy model and calculating building energy balance.
- Day 5: Retrofits, certifications and exam preparation.
Online Modules: Seven online modules reinforce, and expand on, the classroom work – completed at the participant’s pace:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Spot the Mistakes
- Module 3: True or False
- Module 4: Energy Calculations
- Module 5: Economics
- Module 6: Designing a Passive House
- Module 7: PHPP + Units
Exam: The exam occurs four times each year globally: on a day in March, in June, in October and in December.
PHPP: The current version of the PHPP energy model will be provided and registered to the attending participant for use in class – and any subsequent professional work.
Designation: The designation “Designer” is reserved for architects, engineers and similarly specialized building professionals. The “Consultants” designation is for non-specialized professionals and others. A more detailed guideline can be found here.)
Contact [email protected] for any inquires.