Learn about Passive House tradesperson practices and Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) Ceritification.
Starting at $625
This course is for all building professionals: tradespeople, site supervisors, general contractors builders, and construction managers, who will be involved in the construction of Passive House building. This course can also be appropriate for architects, MEP and structural engineers, developers, and owners’ representatives. NAPHN currently offers the CPHT training online, in collaboration with our partner, Emu Systems.
This course has 10 units and is structured as an online on-demand training. The dates below correspond to the live online webinar unit reviews with our expert trainers. The May course is over a 7 week period and the September course is a shorter schedule over a 4 week period.
SIGN UP TODAY!
CPHT = Certified Passive House Tradesperson. The CPHT training ensures participants are equipped with the necessary framework and interdisciplinary skills to effectively convey the international Passive House (PH) standard. After passing the exam, CPHTs are given membership and are listed in the database on the International Passive House Institute (PHI) website for 5 years.
An online course that teaches practical Passive House building strategies with theory – that incorporates actual building of Passive House details relevant to the US construction industry.
- Passive House criteria and principles
- Construction process and quality assurance
- Thermal insulation and thermal bridge-free construction
- Windows and doors
- Ventilation and heating and cooling systems
- Building envelope specialization
- Unit 1: Passive House Basics
- Unit 2: Passive House Economics in North America
- Unit 3: Thermal Insulation
- Unit 4: Thermal Bridges
- Unit 5: Windows + Transparent Components
- Unit 6: Existing Buildings
- Unit 7: Air Tightness and Moisture Management
- Unit 8: Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery
- Unit 9: Efficient Heating, Cooling and Domestic Hot Water
- Unit 10: Quality Assurance
- Printed manual to supplement course
The exam is a multiple-choice, structured in three parts:
- Passive House Basics – 45 minutes
- Building Envelope – 45 minutes
- Building Services – 45 minutes
The first section, Passive House Basics, is required. Each participant may choose to take the exam specifically for Envelopes, Services, or both.
APR 1 – MAY 13 | JUN 24 – AUG 5 | SEP 30 – NOV 11
There are Financial Incentives available to students meeting specific criteria.
- Connecticut – 50% reimbursement – Download application
- Massachusetts – 50% reimbursement – Download application
For more information about all the Financial Incentives webpage, or click on the above links to find out more or download the applications.
See schedule below.
Course + Exam
Members – Login for Membership pricing.
Contact [email protected] for any inquires.