You don’t want to miss your LAST CHANCE to get into NAPHN’s CPHD/C course in 2020! Wrap up your year on a positive note, putting your best foot forward into the future of building.
Nov 16 – 20
9 AM – 5 PM EST
NAPHN’s Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant course is the premier training program for Passive House building professionals. Supported by a 25+ year history of global technical leadership by the Passive House Institute, and over 7 years of successful American instruction, from Maine to California, by the Passive House Academy – this course is specifically designed to teach the international Passive House Standard (PHI) to American professionals making Passive House buildings in the U.S. construction industry.
- 5 days of virtual in-class instruction
- 7 additional e-learning modules
- Thorough grounding of critical aspects of Passive House design and construction
- Receive a 5-year registration as an internationally accredited Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant after passing exam
- For all building professionals: architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers and more
- Day 1: Introduction to Passive House principles and economics, with an in-depth look at enclosure insulation & thermal bridging: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 2: Enclosure airtightness and windows: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 3: Ventilation, heating, cooling, dehumidification and domestic hot water: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 4: PHPP energy model and calculating building energy balance.
- Day 5: Retrofits, certifications and exam preparation.
Online Modules: Seven online modules reinforce, and expand on, the classroom work – completed at the participant’s pace:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Spot the Mistakes
- Module 3: True or False
- Module 4: Energy Calculations
- Module 5: Economics
- Module 6: Designing a Passive House
- Module 7: PHPP + Units
Exam: The exam occurs four times each year globally: on a day in March, in June, in October and in December.
PHPP: The current version of the PHPP energy model will be provided and registered to the attending participant for use in class – and any subsequent professional work.
Designation: The designation “Designer” is reserved for architects, engineers and similarly specialized building professionals. The “Consultants” designation is for non-specialized professionals and others. A more detailed guideline can be found here.)
Contact [email protected] for any inquires.