Community Associate Manager Wanted
Are you passionate about building sustainability and climate action? Do you want to actively contribute to a national effort to transform our construction industry to produce low-energy, healthy and ecological Passive House buildings? Do you want to work with committed professionals from across the country and around the world – coordinating, communicating, collaborating and organizing? Are you a motivated self-starter willing to learn new skills on the fly? Do you like networking?
If yes, the Community Associate Manager job is for you. Work with our membership, our chapters and our allies. Be at the center of the action, help organize events, and much more.
Job Title: Community Associate Manager
Job Description: Be a community builder through support of active communication and relationship growth across our diverse stakeholder groups and activities.
About Us: We are a national nonprofit that provides high-performance Passive House building training and resources, including symposiums, conferences, membership and knowledge networking, to professionals, owners, builders, policymakers and other stakeholders, across the US. We transform how stakeholders think and work with buildings – to reliably produce new and renovated buildings that use dramatically less energy for effective and affordable climate action.
About the Role: You will communicate, coordinate and interact with a wide array of professionals, owners, manufacturers and policymakers working at the cutting edge of building sustainability, from across the US and around the world. Among the responsibilities of the role are:
- Membership & Chapters: Manage member and chapter support, communications, renewals & expansion, maintaining systems of meeting, communication & networking.
- Allies: Help manage our relationship with a wide range of sustainability allies focused on issues from climate justice and embodied carbon to energy efficiency policy, and more.
- Supporters: Help manage our relationship with sponsors.
- Events: Help manage our events, including specialized symposiums, and a national annual conference.
- Training Outreach: Help manage training outreach and coordination with our communities of members, allies and supporters.
- Systems Development and Support: Help maintain and develop communications systems in support of relationship building.
- You will be working directly with the Executive Director, other managers, and Board Members, and will be a valuable member of our team.
Work remotely, 20-30 hours per week. There is schedule flexibility.
- Passionate about building sustainability and climate action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with diverse communities.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work within deadlines.
- Knowledge of G Suite, Hubspot, Social Media Platforms, WordPress. Tech-savviness is a huge plus.
- Background in marketing, communications, nonprofit development or related field, with an interest in environmental studies, sustainable development, architecture or similar. Students and career changers are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: Hourly compensation of $18-22/hour.
Benefits: Access to course content including the CPHD course and exam at no cost with 1-year minimum commitment. Potential opportunities for position growth and advancement.
To Apply: Email resume, availability, compensation requirements with a cover letter describing why you’re the right person for the job to [email protected]