We’re on a mission to make Passive House a household word. Join NAPHN and help us make it happen!
Development & Executive Assistant
North American Passive House Network (NAPHN) is an internationally recognized non-profit educational organization. We are leading the transformation of the building industry to low-energy, high-performance Passive House design and construction. We support the widespread adoption of the international Passive House design and construction standards, building science principles and protocols.
The NAPHN Development & Executive Assistant will be highly organized, an effective communicator and a quick learner with experience in non profit sponsorship development. Knowledge of green building strategies and familiarity with Passive House standards preferred. The right candidate should be adept at handling and prioritizing multiple assignments, a self-starter, detail-oriented and eager to grow and learn. This position provides exciting opportunities to network and gain valuable skills. Note: you will be working directly with the Manager and Board Members and a valuable member of our team.
● Development Committee: Lead and schedule meetings, keep committee members and board members updated, organized and focused, complete and submit specific grant applications, seek sponsorships opportunities through foundations, applicable grants and related industry companies.
● Communications: Create monthly newsletter, manage all social media accounts (includes providing relevant content), manage google ad words account, identify events to maintain and update NAPHN events calendar.
● Training Programs: Assist in training program administration and development of CPHD trainings and events across the US.
● General Admin: Assist Manager with other administrative tasks integral to running a non-profit.
● Opportunity to be involved with our Annual NAPHN20 Conference in NYC.
● Background in the fields of Environmental Studies, Sustainable Development, Architecture, Non Profit Development or other relevant fields. Graduate students welcome to apply.
● Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
● Strong interest in climate change, passive house building principles and/or green buildings.
● Knowledge of G Suite, MailChimp, various Social Media Platforms, HootSuite, Google Adwords and EvenBrite preferred. Tech-savvy a huge plus.
This is a part time position around 20 hours/week at between $18-$20/hr and has the potential to expand into a full time position for the right candidate. Applicants shall work remotely and shall be offered scheduling flexibility with a required weekly check in on Monday mornings. Proximity to NYC for a monthly, in-person meeting, is required. Availability to attend and support local and regional events is essential.
Please send your resume and cover letter as a pdf to: [email protected] with the subject heading: Development & Executive Assistant.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by August 21st. We will confirm the receipt of all applications submitted. Applications shall be reviewed until the post is filled. Requests for interviews shall be issued by email.