An in-depth look at the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) specifically geared towards residential building design.
Join NAPHN & Peel School of Passive House for: Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification, participants will learn how to use the PHPP for residential building design and certification. Participants will be guided step-by-step through the relevant worksheets while learning the correct conventions for measurements and calculations. Proper documentation will also be covered in detail. A case study will provide participants with practical experience in completing and documenting PHPP calculations for building certification.
- Learn the structure, inputs, and outputs of PHPP software
- Select and input appropriate climate data sets in PHPP
- Measure and record building characteristics (areas, volumes, etc)
- Specify building assemblies and components
- Model HVAC systems
- Assess building heat loss, energy demand and summertime overheating risk
- Understand proper sourcing of performance data
- Gain practical experience in completing a PHPP assessment for a residential development
- Intended Audience: Architects, developers, self-builders and other building professionals.
Knowledge of excel, familiarity with reading construction drawings, and a general understanding of low energy buildings is expected. Participants who lack one or more of these may find it difficult to keep up with the course material and exercises.
Laptop with a take-off program (CAD, PDF etc), PHPPv9 software, and the PHPP manual. For drawings take-offs, either your own software can be used or you can download the free Autodesk Design Review from http://usa.autodesk.com/design-review/. Note that AutoDesk Design Review does not work on Macs. You can either use Windows for Mac, or download an alternative CAD mark-up program.
There are currently no scheduled Live-Online Sessions of this course.
Contact [email protected] for any inquires.