Contact [email protected] for any inquires.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Feb. 9 &11, 16 & 18, 23 & 25
12-4 PM EST Each Day
NAPHN & Peel School of Passive House
For Members: Our member pricing is experiencing technical issues,
for pricing discount please email: [email protected]
Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification
Join NAPHN & Peel School of Passive House for the online course: Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification, participants will learn how to use the PHPP for residential building design and certification. Participants will be guided step-by-step through the relevant worksheets while learning the correct conventions for measurements and calculations. Proper documentation will also be covered in detail. A case study will provide participants with practical experience in completing and documenting PHPP calculations for building certification.
- Learn the structure, inputs, and outputs of PHPP software
- Select and input appropriate climate data sets in PHPP
- Measure and record building characteristics (areas, volumes, etc)
- Specify building assemblies and components
- Model HVAC systems
- Assess building heat loss, energy demand and summertime overheating risk
- Understand proper sourcing of performance data
- Gain practical experience in completing a PHPP assessment for a residential development
- Intended Audience: Architects, developers, self-builders and other building professionals.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of excel, familiarity with reading construction drawings, and a general understanding of low energy buildings is expected. Participants who lack one or more of these may find it difficult to keep up with the course material and exercises.
Course Requirements: Laptop with a take-off program (CAD, PDF etc), PHPPv9 software, and the PHPP manual. For drawings take-offs, either your own software can be used or you can download the free Autodesk Design Review from http://usa.autodesk.com/design-review/. Note that AutoDesk Design Review does not work on Macs. You can either use Windows for Mac, or download an alternative CAD mark-up program.
PHI Credits: This course is available for 18 PHI Learning credits.