This is a core Passive House training and is appropriate for a wide range of building professionals and stakeholders that want to know the guts of what makes Passive House tick and build a foundation of knowledge to integrate Passive House to meet your personal goals. Student profiles include architects, MEP and structural engineers, facade, energy and sustainability consultants, contractors, developers, policymakers, regulators, and more. For a full course description & pricing, see below.
Do you need more flexibility with dates and times? Consider the CPHD On-Demand platform.
SIGN UP TODAY!
June 16-18 & 24-25, 2021:
10 AM – 6 PM EST Each Day
For Members: Please log in to see member pricing.
Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant Training
NAPHN’s Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant course is the premier training program for Passive House building professionals working on residential, institutional and commercial projects. Supported by a 25+ year history of global technical leadership by the Passive House Institute – this course is specifically designed to teach the international Passive House Standard (PHI) to American professionals in the U.S. construction industry.
- 5 days of online live instruction
- 7 additional e-learning modules
- Thorough grounding of critical aspects of Passive House design and construction
- Receive a 5-year registration as an internationally accredited Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant after passing exam
- For all building professionals: architects, MEP and structural engineers, builders and construction managers and more
- Accredited by the AIA for 35 LU/HSWs*
*These LU/HSW credits are accepted for continuing education credits, for engineers, in most states (e.g. New York). Check your local state’s acceptance of LU/HSW credits towards your state’s continuing education criteria.
Materials for Training
- A digital copy of the manual will be sent to participants prior to the start of the training.
- Access to 7 online modules.
- PHPP software – current digital version of the PHPP energy model will be provided and registered to participants for use in class – and any subsequent professional work. A hard copy manual will be shipped to the participant.
- Day 1: Introduction to Passive House principles and economics, with an in-depth look at enclosure insulation & thermal bridging: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 2: Enclosure airtightness and windows: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 3: Ventilation, heating, cooling, dehumidification and domestic hot water: principles, calculations, details, systems and components.
- Day 4: PHPP energy model and calculating building energy balance.
- Day 5: Retrofits, certifications and exam preparation.
Seven online modules reinforce, and expand on, the classroom work – completed at the participant’s pace.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Spot the Mistakes
- Module 3: True or False
- Module 4: Energy Calculations
- Module 5: Economics
- Module 6: Designing a Passive House
- Module 7: PHPP + Units
Currently, we are offering an online exam in conjunction with our designated CPHD trainings. See here for our CPHD online exam schedule.
The in-person exam occurs four times each year globally: on a day in March, in June, in October, and in December. These will resume when the current COVID-19 health guidelines have shifted.
The designation “Designer” is reserved for architects, engineers and similarly specialized building professionals. The “Consultants” designation is for non-specialized professionals and others. A more detailed guideline can be found here.)
- Full Course Package: $2,150.00 – 5 day in-class, plus online modules, PHPP software, exam & 5-year professional registration.
- Full Course Package/NAPHN Member: $1,900.00 – Full course package is available at a discounted rate for NAPHN Members.
- No Exam Package: $1,850.00 – 5 day in-class, plus online modules and PHPP software. (Exam & 5-year professional registration will be a separate registration and $600 charge.)
- No Exam Package/NAPHN Member: $1,650.00 – No Exam Package is available at a discounted rate to NAPHN members.
Contact [email protected] for any inquires.