On-Demand CPHD Training
The on-demand CPHD training is the same robust core Passive House Designer Training but newer and better! The training content has been updated with market-ready information, plus now there is added flexibility with self-paced learning. This training is appropriate for a wide range of building professionals and stakeholders that want to know the guts of what makes Passive House tick and build a foundation of knowledge to integrate Passive House to meet personal goals. Participants include architects, MEP and structural engineers, facade, energy and sustainability consultants, contractors, developers, policymakers, regulators, and more. For a full course description, pricing & registration see below.
AIA CreditsThis course is available for 35 AIA LU/HSW Credits.
Coming Soon! New Platform
We are excited to let you know that our Certified Passive House Designer On-Demand Course will be getting a facelift as it launches on a new platform, where it will join the rest of our on-demand course content.
Stay tuned for more details.
- Self-paced 10-12 week course
- 15 modules of e-learning class instruction & quizzes
- 2 required live trainer-led webinars
- Calculations in IP, Imperial Units, rather than metric.
- Exam preparation & review
- Receive a 5-year registration as accredited CPHD/C after passing exam
Registration cut-offs for exams are based on a student’s ability to complete both the course content and the required Webinars.
- April 2, 2021 registration cut off for June 17th and 24th exams.
- August 6, 2021 registration cut off for October 7th exam.
- October 15, 2021 registration cut off for December 16th exam.
You will receive:
- Online Access to 15 modules (1-year access)
- Digital Course Manuals
- PHPP software (IP units)
- Printed PHPP Manual (IP units)
You will need:
- Internet connection
- Excel software to run PHPP software
- One can purchase the training with or without the exam
- Exam registration apart from the training is required
- 1-2 weeks before exam, one is required to attend an exam tech set-up webinar
- Exam is given online
- Course is self-paced to prepare for the exam in 10-12 weeks with requisite exercises to be submitted beforehand
- Full Course Package: $1,950.00 – 15 online modules, digital manual, PHPP software, exam & 5 year professional registration.
- Full Course Package/NAPHN Member: $1,700.00 – Full course package with NAPHN member discount.
Exam Not Included:
Exam & 5 year professional registration is separate and a $600 charge.
- No Exam Package: $1,750.00 – 15 online modules, digital manual and PHPP software.
- No Exam Package/NAPHN Member: $1,595.00 – No Exam Package with NAPHN member discount.
There are Financial Incentives available to students meeting specific criteria.
- Connecticut – 50% reimbursement – Download application
- Massachusetts – 50% reimbursement – Download application
- NAPHN Education Fellowship for Black (& BIPOC) architects and engineers
For more information about all the Financial Incentives webpage, or click on the above links to find out more or download the applications.
On-DemandCPHD On-Demand for self-paced flexible learning options.
See more on registration periods below.
Live-OnlineThis course is also available Live-Online. Check Out the Live-Online Option
Course + Exam
Course Registration Periods + Exam Dates
The On-Demand CPHD training has a rolling registration process. Please see the registration periods below with their coordinating exam dates. We use this process to insure that our students have time to work through the coursework and are fully prepared to take the CPHD exam. It is not required to sit the earliest eligible exam date, although we recommend doing so.
Register by December 21, 2021 for the March 2022 Exam.
Notes about registration
- Participants that sign up after the above date will be eligible for the following exam. This is to insure that all webinars and assignments can be completed on time, and prior to the exam.
- An email with access information to the On-demand CPHD platform after payment will be sent within 24 hours. If registering on Friday, or over the weekend, access information will be sent on that following business day.
Once we receive you registration we will email you login information within about 24 hours. If you sign up on a Friday, you will receive the login email on the next Monday. We are in the process of streamlining our registration process so you will receive login information automatically right away. This should be in place in the next few weeks, thanks for your patience!
Each registered participant, regardless of whether you purchased the exam too, will have access to the platform and content for 1 year.
You can register for the course and follow our self-directed pathway and complete it in 10-12 weeks. Or you can follow your own schedule and take longer or shorter. The course is geared toward taking the exam at the end of the course.
The live webinars are required and you will have the opportunity to take them at 2-3 different dates throughout the first 8 weeks.
The registration for this course is ongoing and always open. Depending on when you register will dictate which exam you are eligible to take. We will have cut offs dates listed on the registration section to indicate the schedule.
Contact [email protected] for any inquires.