- This event has passed.
YOU GET WHAT YOU MEASURE: SITE-BUILD-TO-CODE VS PREFAB-PASSIVE-HOUSE 27 UNIT CO-HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
September 29, 2020 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDTFree
Your multifamily project design directives clearly prioritize environmental impact reduction, but at what cost? and what is the best indicator to measure? This presentation addresses pressing questions like:
– What’s the construction cost-difference between site-built-code construction and prefabricated Passive House construction?
– How would the two approaches impact our project’s Carbon Footprint?
– What are the impacts of adding a lot of PV instead of pursuing Passive House?
– Why is there so little difference in HERS score between Code and Passive House construction?
– How would these decisions impact mortgages and utilities expenses?
Hosted By: Passive House Rocky Mountains, a Chapter of NAPHN
2 PM EST – 1 PM CT – Noon MT – 11 AM PT
1 AIA LU
1. Layout reasonable comparisons of construction approaches for a community to understand the impacts of their decision to pursue prefabricated Passive House construction vs. typical site built code construction.
2. Reflect complicated carbon calculations into context for client understanding.
3. Describe the proportional carbon impacts of our design decisions when pursuing sustainable development.
4. Outline the impacts to a project’s total carbon footprint by measuring embodied carbon compared to carbon emissions.
5. Be able to convey a lot of complex data to a large group of people.