The North American Passive House Network (NAPHN) is looking for a communications intern to assist with social media marketing, internal and external communications, and performance tracking. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills, be able to self-manage projects and deadlines, and respond well to critical feedback.
- Learning about organization, members and services,
- Assisting with development of marketing materials, including email and social media copy, graphics, and press kit materials,
- Assisting with marketing planning/ scheduling, managing NAPHN products and trainings, affiliate events, sponsor materials, and chapter/member highlights,
- Monitoring marketing performance and engagement on social media platforms, email marketing, and affiliate websites and calendars,
- Engaging with educators, chapters, members, and affiliates on social media platforms,
- Working with Training team to review training recordings and log video/audio issues for editing,
- Performing miscellaneous office duties (update documents, organization of files, etc.),
- Assisting with miscellaneous special projects.
Candidate must have:
- Credits equivalent to a college junior or senior,
- Background in the fields of Environmental Studies, Sustainable Development, Architecture, Non-profit Management or other relevant fields (graduate students are welcome to apply),
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, self-starter and analytical skills,
- Tech-savviness, adept with online applications and products,
- Keen interest in climate change, passive house building principles and/or green buildings,
- Preferred experience in Non-profit program administration and/or marketing,
- Knowledge of G Suite, WordPress, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Adobe Acrobat, and Audacity a plus.
This communications internship is 3 months long, with the possibility of an extension. The intern is expected to work 15-20 hours per week. NAPHN will provide free access to our Certified Passive House Designer Training and the subsequent Passive House Institute exam, valued at $2,150. Intern will also receive a $500 monthly stipend.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].