Passive House Certification is a key component in maintaining the pathway to hit performance targets. PHI certification protocols lead the industry for setting benchmarks for high quality.
Certification covers three basic areas: people, components and the buildings.
- Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant: Architects, engineers, consultants and others tasks with designing and detailing the Passive House building.
- Certified Passive House Tradesperson: Builders, contractors, tradespeople of all stripes, involved in the construction of the Passive House building.
- Opaque Components: wall systems, balcony connectors, facade anchors
- Transparent Components: windows, doors, curtain wall
- Services: ventilation, heat pumps
Building certification closes the loop on delivering high-quality performance. Work with a building certifier from the very conception of the project and benefit from their institutional knowledge.
There are several levels of building certification, for both new build and retrofits of existing buildings.
- Passive House Classic
- Passive House Plus
- Passive House Premium
- Low Energy Building